Senior Developer for Minecraft Realms
Mojang AB is a games studio based in Stockholm, Sweden.
We were founded in 2009 by Markus “Notch” Persson. He’s also the creator of our best-selling game to date: Minecraft. Since then, we’ve released our second game, the card-collecting tactical battler Scrolls, and dabbled in publishing with Oxeye Game Studio’s awesome side-scrolling robo-blaster Cobalt. We’re developing more games too. You might hear more about those in the near future.
In 2014, Mojang was bought by Microsoft. The acquisition hasn’t changed much about our company - we still release and support our games on multiple platforms, including iOS, PlayStation and more, as well as Windows and Xbox. We plan to keep our independent spirit and we’ll continue to treat our community with the respect and honesty it deserves.
We’re currently scaling up our team with the expansion of our multiplayer service Minecraft Realms and are in need of skilled engineers. The service has traditionally only been provided for PC but is now being launched for several mobile platforms including, but not limited to iOS & Android served to a worldwide audience. Without going into too much jargon, our stack is a classic set-up built with Java, backed by MySQL and Redis hosted on AWS.
The team is relatively new and has ownership over the service. We’re looking for someone who wants to grow with it and participate in shaping its future. Considering you’re thinking of applying for a position here, you’re probably a friendly, talented person. Good luck with your application!
Role expectations and opportunities
- Maintain and service all current infrastructure
- Participate in scaling a platform across continents
- Improve and continuously develop the service with new functionality
- Explore and trial new technology
Qualities we seek
- 5 or more years of experience in the game or tech industry
- Experience with working on cloud based services
- Worked in or has lead teams of several developers
- Extensive knowledge of at least one object oriented language and associated practices
- Familiarity with at least one interpreted language
- Proficiency working in Unix based systems
- Experience working with relational databases
- Keen interest in software development and technologies
- Have a specialization in relational database administration
- Worked with configuration management and infrastructure automation
- Experience with container technology
- Able to communicate in Chinese, Portuguese or Japanese
- We provide all employees with private health insurance
- You can allocate your personal education budget on anything (e.g. conferences, courses and literature) that will help your work. Develop yourself in an ever-changing industry with our generous education programme!
- With our fitness programme you have access to a gym membership and time with a masseur who comes to the office two days a week
- The office is located on Södermalm, right in the heart of Stockholm
- We provide full relocation assistance for all applicants from outside of Sweden