Mojang is a Microsoft-owned game developer studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. We are best known as the creators of Minecraft. We develop games with a strong community focus and try to put players first in everything we do.
About the Role
You’ll be joining the Mojang Systems Team, a small, close-knit team, responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining systems supporting Minecraft as well as Mojang’s other games. You’ll work on services being used by millions of users across the world.
We’re a small team with a wide range of shared responsibilities, so you’ll need to be highly adaptive and agile. We are looking for people who are willing to learn new things and broaden their skill set. Of course, we all have respective strengths and weaknesses, but you will be required to help out in different roles when needed.
We have a friendly and highly collaborative culture, and developers on the Systems Team are right in the thick of it, working with many other teams to ensure the game's backend, online infrastructure and website are the very best they can be.
As a dev-ops engineer in the systems team we expect you to...
- Avoid repetitive mundane and error prone manual tasks by applying automation
- Be proficient with Linux/Unix based systems
- Be experienced with with Amazon AWS
- Have experience with micro-service architecture
- Have experience with test automation
- Have a good understanding of databases
- Have an open mindset and have a willingness to try out and learn new things
- Have great communication skills both written and verbal
We also value...
- A keen interest in games
- A good understanding of object oriented design
- Experience with Object-Oriented languages such as Java, C#, etc.
- Experience with any interpreted language such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- We provide all employees with private health insurance
- You can allocate your personal education budget on anything (e.g. conferences, courses and literature) that will help your work. Develop yourself in an ever-changing industry with our generous education programme!
- With our fitness programme you have access to a gym membership and time with a masseur who comes to the office two days a week
- The office is located on Södermalm, right in the heart of Stockholm
- We provide full relocation assistance for all applicants from outside of Sweden