Social Media Manager (Consultant/Freelancer)
In the role of the Social Media Manager, you will work with our cross-ocean marketing team and report to our Head of Social Media at Mojang in Stockholm.
Our Head of Social Media will focus on the strategy that you, as our Social Media Manager, will be supporting and implementing. Your main focus will be on the logistical aspects of the content creation and distribution, such as managing content calendars, scheduling and posting across our social media channels, as well as monitoring analytics and reporting.
- 3+ years of experience in social media managing, preferably in the tech or gaming industries.
- Exceptional knowledge of social media, which means you stay up to date with new trends and features.
- A good understanding of which content is optimal for which social media platform, and leverage this knowledge to empower your co-workers.
- Previous experience working with at least one social media management tool (such as Sprinklr, Sprout or Lithium).
- Excellent written English.
- Copywriting experience for social media/short texts and an ability to easily adapt to tone of voice is desired
- Analytically minded quantitative; excellent data analysis skills, with a focus on social media.
- Comfortable contributing strategically as well as managing day-to-day tactical executions.
- A big plus if you are a Minecraft player and know about our blocky game and fantastic community.
Team: Creative Team, on site in Stockholm
Mojang is a Microsoft-owned game development studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. We are best known as the creators of Minecraft. We develop games with a strong community focus and always put players first, in anything we do.
We are currently looking for a freelance/consultant Social Media Manager who can help manage and grow our social media channels. Your presence will be required at our Stockholm studio where you will work closely with our social team and stakeholders at Microsoft in Redmond for a period of at least 6 months.
If your skill set fits the below description, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Alice, our Head of Social Media ([email protected]) or to Johanna, our Producer for Social Media ([email protected]) for more information and next steps.