Software Developer for Minecraft Launcher & Tools
Mojang AB is a games studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. Founded in 2010, we're likely most famous for our debut title, Minecraft! Since releasing the game, we've sold enough for it to become the second best-selling game ever, brought the title to every major videogame platform, released in nearly every region of the globe, put on the biggest single-videogame convention in the world, created an amazing charity and so much more!
But we're not just known for Minecraft. We’ve released the card-collecting tactical battler Scrolls and dabbled in publishing with Oxeye Game Studio’s awesome side-scrolling robo-blaster Cobalt. We’re developing more games too. You'll hear more about those soon!
Since 2014, we've been a part of Microsoft Studios, known for first-party game franchises such as Halo, Forza and Gears of War. While the acquisition has hugely expanded us as a company, we’ve kept our vision for Minecraft true and been able to release the game on loads more platforms - including, most recently, the Nintendo Switch!
We’re currently extending our team to develop and maintain tools for Minecraft: Java Edition, with a primary focus on the Minecraft Launcher. Minecraft is a modern phenomenon, but it'll only stay that way if it continues to grow and evolve, and embracing new ideas. That's where you come in!
We’re looking for someone who wants to grow with the game and participate in shaping its future. Considering you’re thinking of applying for a position here, you’re probably a friendly, talented person. Good luck with your application!
Role expectations and opportunities
- Work closely together in a team to both design and implement features
- Interact closely with our community, and see your work being used by millions
- Create & maintain documentation
- Fluent in spoken/written English
- Willingness to relocate to Stockholm, Sweden
Qualities we seek
- 5+ years of experience working as a software developer
- Proficiency in self-updating applications that maintain the installation of other applications
- Experience developing for Linux, macOS, and Windows
- Worked in or has lead teams of several developers
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Keen interest in software development and technologies
- Git experience
- CMake experience
- Experience with playing or modding Minecraft: Java Edition
- A personal education budget, that you can allocate on anything (e.g. conferences, courses and literature) that will help your work. Develop yourself in an ever-changing industry with our generous education programme!
- We give you an annual wellness grants to spend how you see fit (for example gym membership, or massage)
- The office is located on Södermalm, right in the heart of Stockholm
- Stockholm's an incredible city, and home to some of the most famous game development studios in the world (DICE, Avalanche, MachineGames, etc).
- Team days out – we think it's important to create bonds with the individuals you'll be working most closely with – so we provide frequent days out, letting individual teams choose a fun bonding-activity!
- We have a Summer party and a Christmas party, consisting of a fun day out (a boat tour this last summer!) and then food and drinks at a classy establishment, chosen by our employees.
- We provide full relocation assistance for all applicants from outside of Sweden
- We provide all employees with private health insurance