Product Owner: Design System & UI Infrastructure
Mojang is a Microsoft-owned game developer studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. We are best known as the creators of Minecraft. We develop games with a strong community focus and try to put players first in everything we do.
About the role
We’re currently hiring for a team that is overhauling the UI and UX of the Minecraft game (including the underlying infrastructure), and building a new design system for future games. Although as a Product Owner in the Experience team you’d be the driver and manager of a project that is part of a game, for this specific role we consider it more important to have experience building apps, web services, or something similar. I.e. if you don't have any experience working with games: please apply anyway. If you’ve been working with native apps and web apps in the past and have an interest in games, this is a great opportunity to try something different and apply those learnings within a new area—we're looking for someone with a playful and open mindset, and you don't have to identify as a gamer to fit in or do a great job.
We have a friendly and highly collaborative culture, and the Experience team is right in the thick of it, working with many teams to ensure that our players find their way in our games. You’ll be working in Stockholm with a cross-functional team consisting of 11 passionate developers and designers. The team is divided into three sub teams: a backend team who's integrating the UI engine (Hummingbird) with our graphics engine, the front-end team who builds all views, and the design team.
Key to this role is the ability to inspire and motivate, reduce risk, increase predictability and manage the product end-to-end. Since it's a design-driven and highly technical product, we believe that you will need a background working with software and experience iterating on a product to be able to prioritize the roadmap and support the team.What You’ll Do
- Own the creation of product vision, roadmap, and impact against the overall Minecraft franchise, in close collaboration with your team and stakeholders
- Design, build, and ship features that please our users and enables us to meet our business goals together with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Become an expert and thought leader in a critical and emerging part of our business
- Support team and design processes and include technical expertise to build and execute your roadmap
- Integrate results from qualitative and quantitative research, market and analysis and insights, as well as A/B test experimentation into product requirements
- You get into the details writing user stories for a new feature as fluently as you summarize our vision in an elevator pitch to the rest of the company
- Continuously strive to make team faster at executing on your team’s portfolio of big bets and iterative refinements
Qualities we seek
- A positive attitude, and high level of integrity
- Highly organized team player and problem solver
- Ability in managing products and teams, and making an impact across platforms and time zones
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions
- Ability to balance short term needs with a long term vision
- Experience in managing agile teams
- Fantastic communication skills, both within team and across teams, and across time zones
- We provide all employees with private health insurance
- You can allocate your personal education budget on anything (e.g. conferences, courses and literature) that will help your work. Develop yourself in an ever-changing industry with our generous education programme!
- We offer you a generous health benefit which you can use as you see fit through Wellnet, for example a gym membership, or why not with the masseuse that visits our office once a week
- The office is located on Södermalm, right in the heart of Stockholm
- We provide full relocation assistance for all applicants from outside of Sweden