Mojang AB is a games studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. Founded in 2009, we're likely most famous for our debut title, Minecraft! Since releasing the game, we've sold enough for it to become the second best-selling game ever, brought the title to every major video game platform, released in nearly every region of the globe, put on the biggest single-video game convention in the world, created an amazing charity and so much more!
Since 2014, we've been a part of Microsoft Studios, known for first-party game franchises such as Halo, Forza and Gears of War. While the acquisition has hugely expanded us as a company, we’ve kept our vision for Minecraft true and been able to release the game on loads more platforms - including, most recently, the new Nintendo Switch!
We’re currently extending our Experience team in Stockholm to design, develop and maintain a reimagined new user experience, making it more fun and easier to get started with Minecraft. The game’s interface is getting a face-lift, we’re refactoring the UI infrastructure, and rethinking the interaction design.
We’re looking for someone who wants to grow with the game and participate in shaping its future. Considering you’re thinking of applying for a position here, you’re probably a friendly, talented person. Good luck with your application!
- Implement a redesigned and stunning new Minecraft UI
- Be part of redefining the user experience of one of the world’s most popular games of all time
- Work closely with our talented team of designers, 3D artists and sound producers to create an engaging, playful, and immersive new user experience
- Be part of laying the groundwork for how we scale robust UIs across many different platforms
Qualities we seek
- You’re a front-end developer that cares deeply about design, and has a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Expertise in building robust layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience setting up a modern web dev environment
- A positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Experience working in an ES6 project
- Experience developing for TVs, consoles, and gamepad controllers
- Experience using (or playing on) iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
- A love for gaming
- A personal education budget, that you can allocate on anything (e.g. conferences, courses and literature) that will help your work. Develop yourself in an ever-changing industry with our generous education programme!
- We give you an annual wellness grants to spend how you see fit (for example gym membership, or massage)
- The office is located on Södermalm, right in the heart of Stockholm
- Stockholm's an incredible city, and home to some of the most famous game development studios in the world (DICE, Avalanche, MachineGames, etc).
- Team days out – we think it's important to create bonds with the individuals you'll be working most closely with – so we provide frequent days out, letting individual teams choose a fun bonding-activity!
- We have a Summer party and a Christmas party, consisting of a fun day out (a boat tour this last summer!) and then food and drinks at a classy establishment, chosen by our employees.
- We provide full relocation assistance for all applicants from outside of Sweden
- We provide all employees with private health insurance