Mojang is a Microsoft-owned game developer studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. We are best known as the creators of Minecraft. We develop games with a strong community focus and try to put players first in everything we do.
About the role
You’ll be joining a new team at Mojang, the Launcher team. Our Launcher is currently the starting point for playing our games on PC, but we envision a future when it can be much more. As Product Owner it’s your job to work together with the team to make this happen.
We have a friendly and highly collaborative culture, and the Launcher team are right in the thick of it, working with many teams to ensure that our players find their way into our games.
Key to this role is the ability to inspire and motivate, reduce risk, increase predictability and manage the product end-to-end. In order to succeed, you will need to continually evolve, document, drive and sometimes create new processes needed to deliver on your product. Attention to detail, self-motivation, and an ability to connect with both developers and designers are key attributes we expect you to possess.
- Own the creation of product vision, roadmap, and impact against the overall Minecraft franchise, in close collaboration with your team and stakeholders
- Design, build, and ship features that please our users and enables us to meet our business goals together with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Become an expert and thought leader in a critical and emerging part of our business
- Support team and design processes and include technical expertise to build and execute your roadmap
- Integrate results from qualitative and quantitative research, market and analysis and insights, as well as A/B test experimentation into product requirements
- Balancing short term needs with long term vision comes naturally to you
- You get into the details writing user stories for a new feature as fluently as you summarize our vision in an elevator pitch to the rest of the company
- Continuously strive to make team faster at executing on your team’s portfolio of big bets and iterative refinements
Qualities we seek
- A positive attitude, and high level of integrity
- Highly organized team player and problem solver
- Proven ability in managing products and teams, and making an impact across platforms and time zones
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions
- Experience in managing agile teams
- Fantastic communication skills, both within team and across teams, across time zones
- We provide all employees with private health insurance
- You can allocate your personal education budget on anything (e.g. conferences, courses and literature) that will help your work. Develop yourself in an ever-changing industry with our generous education programme!
- We offer you a generous health benefit which you can use as you see fit through Wellnet, for example a gym membership, or why not with the masseuse that visits our office once a week
- The office is located on Södermalm, right in the heart of Stockholm
- We provide full relocation assistance for all applicants from outside of Sweden